Monday, February 8, 2010

Less is More - Thoughts on Evaluating Social Justice Advocacy

I've started this blog because of 'popular demand' for the study notes I wrote on how to evaluate social justice advocacy. They focus on 'theory of change' - what is the role of civil society in making change happen? And then ask how one can assess whether things are moving in that direction - in other words, how does one evaluate progress, since evaluating advocacy is not the same as evaluating a development project? So, here it is, for those of you keen to read a slightly less messy version:

Less is More - Thoughts on Evaluating Social Justice Advocacy


Creative Commons License
Less is More - Thoughts on Evaluating Advocacy by Barbara Klugman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

3 comments:

  1. Great to have you in the blogsphere now Barbara, and I am fascinated to see how the blog unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    I wonder whether u could contact with me coordinator@wgnrr.org . Marlene Fried suggested I get in touch and then forgot to send me your contact email. We are looking for an evaluator later in the year and we wondered whether it might be a project of interest to u. I am also interested in your thoughts on evaluating advocacy......we are currently introducing a new M&E system. Anyway more later once we are in touch via email...Kathy Mulville (WGNRR)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer the link to the article is broken. It'd be cool to read this. Can you re-link? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete